Description de l'offre
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada, with assets of US $2,522bn as at 31 December, 2017. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Small Business Relationship Manager:
The Small Business Relationship Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of Small Business Banking acquisition strategies and acquiring new-to-bank customers via central or self-generated leads.
· Actively manage a medium sized portfolio of Small Business clients, acquire new HSBC clients and upgrade existing clients through becoming the trusted advisor to them. You are accountable for the performance of your portfolio and need to ensure it is effectively run managing to the Target Operating Model (TOM) as defined by HSBC Group.
· Act as Relationship Manager by offering value-added advice and guidance to customers and placing their needs at the forefront of our activity, setting world class standards
· Structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer and HSBC interests and risk appetite
· Proactively develop effective strategies to manage both existing and new relationships, by anticipating customer needs and providing a superior service and products
· Keep up-to-date on knowledge of HSBC’s international and domestic strategy, capabilities and policies, and of external factors influencing international and domestic business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements
· Generate referrals for Premier businesses and face to face managed portfolios
· Ensure identification of early warning signs and problem relationships and take appropriate action to protect HSBC interests
· Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
· Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
· Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
· Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
· Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
· The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 3-5 years of experience in Small Business/Commercial Banking field
· Proven ability, with a successful record of accomplishment in risk management, operational and regulatory, credit analysis and judgmental lending
· Knowledge of the Commercial Banking market both globally and specifically relating to the local environment, including the competitive landscape, with a detailed knowledge of competitor propositions.
· Honed analytical skills, with a strong emphasis on credit and operational risk
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating in dealing with customers and colleagues
· Ability to effectively plan and organise, with tenacity to drive through results
· Innovative with a flair for solving problems
· The jobholder forms an integral part of the wider HSBC management team. As part of this wider team, your are expected to identify opportunities in your day to day activities that directly or indirectly contribute to the success of colleagues with differing responsibilities, particularly in other areas of HSBC such as Premier Banking, Commercial and Jade Banking
In 2017, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the Best 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights magazine, in addition to The World’s Best Bank by Euromoney Magazine in its annual Awards for Excellence.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
· Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
· Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
· Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
· International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
· A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
· Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make