Service and Sales Officer
HSBC is one of the world's leading banks, with a network covering 67 countries and territories. Our global reach means we offer many ways for you to develop your career. We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits. We have roles in retail, commercial, investment and private banking and a range of operational and functional teams.
Completing full customer reviews and understanding customer needs whether immediate or future is a key part of this role. The role holder will respond to a combination of ‘walk in' customers and creating opportunities from centrally created contact lists both being the main sources of their activity. The role holder will need to understand and deliver the standards of service quality required, maintaining published Service Level Agreements. The identification of opportunities for wealth reviews and referring these to an appropriate wealth adviser are key activities. The facilitation of approval of facilities in accordance with credit policy and lending guidelines will also be required to ensure the jobholder can meet all of the customer's needs. Ownership of customer relationships is vital along with the ability to coach and develop other team members towards ensuring the Target Operating Model (TOM) as defined by Group is implemented.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Achieve individual Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) performance metrics
• Meeting customer expectations in terms of efficiency, accuracy, timeliness and professionalism of response either face to face, in written or at the telephone.
• Effective use of tools and information to drive customer service delivery and RBWM performance
• Execute on customer contact strategies in line with Group operating models and strategy set by regional Customer Relationship Management team
• Fully utilise and input to Customer Relationship Management data, ensuring all customer information is complete and kept up to date
• Ensure all customer needs are met and sales opportunities are maximised
• Undertake effective Individual Reviews
• Work on leads provided through customer life cycle management and tactical campaign and follow up on diarized leads
• Achieve cross sale penetration rates and wealth referrals achieved for account opening, lending and other sales
• Assist in Sales Floor Management periodically and on a need base counter and teller positions with support on cash and cheque transactions
• Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets