“HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and where their opinions count. We want to build a culture where our employees are comfortable in bringing their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexuality, ethnicity, disability, religious belief, background, and any other aspect of personal difference.”
"HSBC employees are commited to act with corageous integrity and standing firm for what is right. We are reliable, open to different ideas and cultures and connected with customers, community, regulators and with each other."
Programme and Project Services Manager
The EPMO Programme and Project Services Manager leads the Project Management Office (PMO) of a Programme, this role provides assistance to the Programme Manager to successfully deliver the programme from definition to closure. They will act as a source of guidance, governance and metrics on global programmes/projects supporting the Programme Manager for strategic decisions. They will lead a team of Project Services Officers and Programme and Project Services Analysts working on the same programme or projects related to the programme. They are responsible for adherence to Business Transformation Framework (BTF), using standard project management tools such as Clarity and GDPM, and working closely with their colleagues in Transformation team.
Programme and Project Services Manager will follow alignment to the Programme Manager and the Regional Head of EPMO (e.g. aligned to the assigned programme within the change portfolios).
Responsible for providing the day-to-day support to the Heads of EPMO, and Programme Manager by facilitating executive decision-making support activities i.e. presenting insight and reporting and facilitating demand and supply management processes.
· Plays active role in development and monitoring of a well-defined project/programme plan, identifying the key milestones and engaging with stakeholders to assign roles/tasks responsibilities; Works closely with stakeholders to develop programme/ project key documents (such as plan, roadmap, etc.)
· Actively engages in programme/project resource management
· Work with the Programme/Project manager to ensure programme/project team follows all quality assurance processes, Global Transformation Framework and uses Group standard tools
· Tracks, reviews and controls programme/project progress and performance at clearly defined points in the process ensuring the programme/project is delivered on time, within budget; anticipating potential risks and issues, putting mitigating actions into place to prevent delivery stalling and escalating as appropriate
· Understands programme/project dependencies; uses available tools to improve work efficiency and quality
· Uses analytical tools and techniques to prepare and analyze management reports which adhere to the three key parameters (ACT) – Accuracy, Completeness & Timeliness; identifies factors that are putting the programme/project off
· Manages/Mentors any new member in the team to ensure they deliver quality work and meet the expectations of the programme
· Provides line management responsibilities for the team Programme and Project Services Officers or Programme and Project Services Analysts
· Understands and acts as an ambassador in implementation of EPMO Service Catalogue
· Consistently applies rules and guidelines and exercises good judgment by making sound and well-informed decisions, applies best practices
· Build close working relationships with portfolio leads, delivery partners and stakeholders
Manages any EPMO related queries in the team to ensure delivery of quality work that meet the expectations of the programme
Ideal candidate profile
Strong knowledge of Business Transformation Frameworks (BTF), methodologies and best practice techniques
Strong knowledge of the project/programme/change lifecycle
Strong knowledge of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals of Global Transformation Team
Strong knowledge of banking/HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
Excellent understanding and operational knowledge of Global Transformation toolset, specifically BTF, Clarity and GPDM
PMO/PM skills and experience, including examples of the delivery of on time and on budget – a driver with bias towards delivery at pace and controlling project outcomes
Extended experience of working in a banking environment
Multi-year experience of working in a change environment as PMO/PM
Strong verbal and written communication skills and solid experience in face to face presentation
Strong knowledge of MS Office, Group standard tools (Clarity, SharePoint, GPDM, etc.)
Evidence of confidently operating at an Executive level
Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
Strong Understanding, analysing, interpreting and working with information (both financial or non-financial) and variance reporting
Evidence of self-development e.g. working through appropriate curriculum
Strong usage of Office suite – Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
PMP training or certification – Optional
Agile / SAFe training or certification – Optional