HSBC is Canada's leading international bank – there is no one like us in this market.
For almost 40 years, our ability to bring our global experience and perspective to evolving trends and issues in Canada has been a tremendous benefit to our clients. With our offer of unique banking solutions, as well as an extensive global network, no one is better placed to support internationally minded individuals and businesses.
HSBC helps companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It's through this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired, collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Premium Banker:
Help customers achieve their financial ambitions. If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfill your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
In this role, you will:
· Develop and retain relationships with existing customers through active management of portfolios and ensuring solutions continually meet customer's needs as well as exceeding customer expectations in terms of speed, efficiency and professionalism.
· Attract new customers by understanding their financial needs and delivering high standards of service quality. This involves getting client referrals and promotion of products and service offerings that's right for the customer.
· The Premium Banker will also support teller transactions and handle cash, as required.
· Maintain HSBC regulatory standards.
· Act as a Brand Ambassador for HSBC Bank Canada, delivering exceptional customer experiences by building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers.
· In addition to a competitive salary this role, when you join our team, from day one you'll have access to a competitive benefits package, including:
· Generous time off program
· Ongoing learning and development
· Personal wellness account to purchase health and fitness goods and services to suit individual needs
· Generous health and dental benefit insurance
· Employee discount banking advantages
· Future international career opportunities
So, do you want a career rather than just a job? Some of our most successful senior employees started their careers in our branch network.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today to join HSBC, a truly global organisation, and start your journey.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· 2 - 3 years of experience in a customer facing role in the banking industry.
· Have Completed or willing to obtain with HSBC support: - Mutual fund license, Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course. For Quebec only, Institute of Canadian Brokers certificate of achievement
· Possess keen interest and stays current with the financial market and economy
· Takes pride in customer satisfaction and advising customers what's best to meet their financial ambitions.
· Understands / speaks second language is an asset.
· Strong technical skills in wealth management.
· Sound knowledge of digital / online banking and sponsoring digital engagement for customers.
· Have a passion for continuously delivering superior customer experience.
· Pride yourself on consistently delivering personalized, friendly & efficient service at all times.
· Ability to safeguard the bank by holding difficult conversations with your customers on subjects like Anti-Money Laundering, sanctions, complaint handling, and estate planning
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Canada is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
If this is not the ideal role for you, we invite you to sign up to our talent community so that we can update you about job opportunities and career events in your area of interest. We are always looking for people with purpose and ambition who can help us build the bank for the future. To join, please click here !
We're doing our part to safeguard our customers and employees health, and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID 19, including:
Enhanced daily cleaning to all our branches, with increased attention to high-touch areas
Personal protective equipment and hand sanitizers provided throughout our branches
Plexiglass shields at every counter
Floor markings to help customers keep social distance when lining up
Adherence to self-isolation requirements per government guidelines
We encourage all Indigenous peoples of North America and Persons with Disabilities to self-identify in their applications. In addition, we invite you to reach out to Matt Woods, our Diversity Recruitment Relationship Manager at email@example.com for support during the selection process.