Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
Global Trade and Receivable Finance (GTRF) is a core product for the Group across various customer segments, including CMB and GBM. The jobholder is responsible providing a high level of customer service by processing Trade and Receivables Finance transactions within the service level parameters, minimising operational risk by applying a high degree of attention and ensuring accuracy. The job holder will need a good understanding in Trade operations in terms of technical knowledge, thorough understanding of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) published rules as well as TRF FIM, Internal Controls and Group Compliance Policy including International sanctions etc.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Typical KPIs and Targets
Impact on the Business
· Maintain and improve the delivery of “superior” customer service by working as directed by management to ensure that all work is processed within PLA
· To ensure that all work is processed with guidelines and appropriate timescales in order to minimize operational risk and/or customer complaint.
· To be aware of the nature of our customers business and alert any unusual transactions, to Line Management
· Proactively participating and leading change / transformation initiatives across the site and the bank
· Completion of PLAs within the required timeframe, reaching as a minimum the required RPH and maintaining accuracy.
· Migrations/BAU targets met
· Exhibiting ownership of the business by raising any concerns to line management.
Customers / Stakeholders
· Ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do both personally and as an organization by ensuring work is completed in accordance with established procedures and standards.
· Ensure a high degree of accuracy in order to minimise operational risk
· Work productively and professionally. Demonstrate ways to improve customer service and increase productivity.
· Meeting or exceeding PLAs, going the extra mile to deliver superior customer service.
· Provide support to other BS teams when requested
· Improving trend in both internal and external customer satisfaction scores
· Reach as a minimum the required RPH.
Leadership & Teamwork
· To develop ones self by expanding job and industry knowledge by ensuring
all SELF training and e learning (Coastline) is completed within timescales
· Contribute to the creation of a supportive work environment driven by demonstrating HSBC values.
· To identify best practice opportunities within the team and across TRF BS locations
· Completion of SELF/development plans.
· Satisfactory completion of coastline Stay abreast of industry requirements and legislation such as ICC opinions, URC522 and UCP600
· Active participation in CR and Centre projects
· Sharing of ideas across teams
· Keep up to date with all FCC requirements to ensure these are adhered to
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· To continually evaluate the operational risks inherent in the process you work and to raise any concerns with Line Management.
· To be fully conversant with FIM, anti money laundering, internal procedures, polices and sanctions and regulatory requirements of our business partners.
· Ensure all mandatory training is undertaken in a timely manner
· To operate Operational and FCC Controls
· Be aware of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, and ensure any concerns are escalated
· Be aware of FIM and sanction requirements
· Undertake all mandatory training in a timely basis
· Responsible for operating all Operational and FCC (AML and sanctions) controls as per the latest version of the Operating procedure
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities)
The nature of the role requires the job holder to have a good understanding of the Trade business and industry standards such as UCP/ISBP/ ICC OPINIONS / URR/ URC as applicable to their role
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
The establishment of the Trade and Receivables Finance (TRF) Business Services locations within GSD is a key part of Commercial Banking strategy, aimed at allowing them to grow their business, drive global consistency, improve customer service and reduce operational risk.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
· To abide by the Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant Compliance Department. The term compliance embraces all relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to apply.
· To continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures, and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Trade and Receivables Finance FIM
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget. in USD'000 )
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications ( For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
· Good International Trade experience and background required, working knowledge of ICC Publications UCP600, URC522
· Awareness of the trade facilities and customer trade cycles
· Awareness applicable to the role, of the content and application of ICC rules as related to Documentary Credits and Collections and of internal control procedures,
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent English (written and verbal) communication skills
· Previous experience in large scale centralized operations is desirable
· Flexibility to work in time zones as required by business