HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and where their opinions count.
We want to build a culture where our employees are comfortable in bringing their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexuality, ethnicity, disability, religious belief, background, and any other aspect of personal difference.
"HSBC employees are commited to act with corageous integrity and standing firm for what is right. We are reliable, open to different ideas and cultures and connected with customers, community, regulators and with each other."
Subdirector Operational Risk Wholesale
The job holder will have LAM and Mexico responsibilities and will support in as follows:
· Lead for Wholesale Operational Risk Oversight
· Lead the Risk Stewards Oversight activities
Main activities include:
· To support LAM Wholesale 1LOD roles and Risk Stewards in embedding an Operational Risk Management culture and managing risks
· Champion of Operational Risk excellence and the use and adoption of the 3 lines of defense across LAM.
· Support in the assessment of compliance with Group policies, regional and local guidelines and risk appetite in relation to Operational Risk.
· Lead the execution of the Use & Adoption exercise for Risk Stewards
The responsibility of the role extends to:
· All Wholesale businesses, products, activities, processes and systems in Latin America
· All non-financial Risks
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Extensive experience with Wholesale customers, with a deep understanding of wholesale products, processes and systems.
· Experience in the Global Markets space is a bonus (FX, securities trading, derivatives).
· Experience in Operational Risk Management, influencing and working closely with Senior Executives.
· Understanding of regulatory environment in the financial services sector.
· Exposure to an operations and control environment