The Specialist Engineer job is responsible for providing engineering expertise in a specialist Technology engineering area which may include, but is not limited to, data engineering, security engineering, front-end engineering and user experience engineering.
They may be responsible for supporting platforms specific to a HSBC business area that requires specialist Technology engineering expertise; they may be accountable for a product or service within a Technology engineering specialism; or they may provide subject matter expertise to one or more Technology teams on the area of their Technology engineering specialism.
This role will carry out some or all of the following responsibilities:
• Design and engineer software with the customer/user experience as a key objective
• Actively contributes to Technology Engineering Practice by sharing Subject Matter Expertise from their area of specialism, best practice and learnings
• Drives adherence to all standards and policies within their area of Technology Engineering
• Delivery and support of data related infrastructure and architecture to optimise data storage and consumption across the bank, including addressing functional and non-functional requirements relevant to data in large applications
• Design and develop applications for internal and external users focussing on the interface and front-end usability of the application
• Engineer and implement security measures for the protection of internal and external systems, networks, products and services
• Establish a digital environment and automate processes to minimize variation and ensure predictable high quality code and data
• Provide support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team
• Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered
• Keep up-to-date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant controls and standards
Ideal candidate profile