Wealth and Personal Banking Graduate Programme
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
You should have fresh ideas and a determination to gain real customer-focused experience. Our two-year Wealth and Personal Banking Graduate Programme will make the most of your skills regardless of what subject you've studied. You'll be encouraged to bring your enthusiasm to inspire your new team and deliver great service to millions of customers.
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible, as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date, if all vacancies are filled.
On our competitively paid graduate programme, you will complete a number of rotational placements, each of typically between three to six months in duration, depending on location. You will have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and gain critical business experience, across areas such as Customer Channels, Products & Propositions, Digital, Insurance, Chief Operating Office and Risk.
What you can expect
In Wealth and Personal Banking, our customers and clients want a service underpinned by a blend of modern digital capabilities and exceptional people. To achieve this, we provide personalised relationship management, a range of tailored investment solutions, as well as convenient mobile platforms which let them manage their finances whenever and wherever they want.
You can expect to expand your skills while learning to thrive under pressure. You will be supported throughout by a team of professionals who will help to build your knowledge of international banking and to develop and present ideas with confidence. We will reward you with a market-competitive pay and benefits package.
What you will do
You will gain an insight into how we serve our customers, through a blend of digital platforms and solutions, as well as acting as the face of HSBC for our customers on the frontline in our Branches and Contact Centres. You will learn about our product offerings, how we position them in the market and the processes and strategies behind them, including how we protect the interests of our customers at all times. We are at the forefront of new technology and you will see the impact that these new products and services have on our customers.
When joining one of our specialist teams, you can increase your exposure to creative projects that influence the direction of our bank. You will have the chance to lead people and work on innovative digital projects.
Ideal candidate profile
Who does this suit?
· Good networkers. We encourage you to collaborate with clients, senior management, peers and our other teams internationally. This means you should be a strong communicator, show courage when presenting and be the face of HSBC for our clients
· Fast learners. You will work with new people on constantly evolving projects to help customers. By quickly becoming an expert in your area and keeping on top of ever-changing markets, you will gain the credibility to succeed
· Diverse thinkers. Bringing new ideas to the table and sharing an enthusiasm for improving our services is welcomed by our teams in both customer-facing and head office roles. Your dedication to delivering projects efficiently and sticking to rules and regulations will be important
· Opportunity takers. Having the courage to jump at the chance to do a rotation somewhere new or taking on a challenging, yet rewarding project will show that you've got the motivation to take your career to a higher level What can this lead to?
We are looking for motivated and curious people who are:
If you excel here, you could be considered for a variety of roles across our international network – including in areas such as Product Management, Relationship Management, Strategy and Planning, as well as Actuarial and Risk & Control Management.
You'll then have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and grow your career in the direction which is right for you. Building your network and demonstrating a real passion for taking your career further will help get you there even sooner.
· Based on your current results you must be on track to receive a minimum of a 2:1 degree classification/ 3.2 GPA or higher or overseas equivalent to this
· The location for this role is Hong Kong wide, therefore, you must be able to commit to being nationally mobile and be available to undertake the travel required for this role.
· You can only apply for one HSBC Graduate Programme each year
· By the time of starting employment, successful candidates must have permission to work in the Hong Kong for the entirety of the program.
· You will be fluent in English and be legally permitted to work in the Hong Kong.
You'll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
Please submit online application via https://www.hsbc.com/careers/students-and-graduates/graduate-opportunities/wealth-and-personal-banking