HSBC Global Services Canada Limited (HGCA), is a subsidiary of HSBC Global Services Limited, owned by HSBC Holdings plc. HGCA provides operational services to countries across the HSBC Group which is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada.
Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It's this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Global Banking & Markets, IT
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) provides financial services and products to corporates, governments and institutions worldwide, building partnerships with them to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. We use the strength of HSBC's international network to connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales, and transaction banking.
The GBM Technology team is dedicated to supporting Global Banking and Markets by working in partnership with business leaders who rely on us for delivering innovative, robust, stable platforms to enable their investment and financial solutions for clients. Join Global Banking and Markets Technology and be part of the global connectivity, collaboration and team that spans across 20 countries. The total number of successful production releases surpass some of the biggest blue chip tech companies. Canada is a key location in Global Banking and Markets Technology's global growth strategy and is receiving global attention for its deliveries.
Key Objectives for Full Stack Engineering:
Junior Full Stack Developer reporting to a Development Manager within Global Markets Technology.
We expect the individual to participate in all parts of the development life-cycle including analysis, testing and production support. We do not have separate teams and these activities are all part of the role.
The successful candidate will be expected to the following:
· Work within a team of 4 – 6 people with a dedicated product owner. Most teams are in a single location but it can't be geographically dispersed/
· Take a business requirement, divide it up into stories and deliver each story iteratively to production.
· Product support is integral to the role – we have a saying, “the team builds it, the team supports it”.
· Identify areas of technical debt, ensure a healthy balance of tech debt and new functionality is prioritised and worked on
· For new items you need to design the solution and ensure that it follows technology guidelines and constraints
· Pairing with other members of the team
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
Essential Technical Skills
We expect the candidate to have the following skills:
· Demonstrable experience of programming in multiple programming languages
· At least one language at ‘expert' level
· Working knowledge of a unix
· Must understand databases from a consumer point of view and a good understanding of how-to setup relational database
· Knowledge of HTTP APIs e.g. RESTful APIs
Desirable Technical Skills
· Expert level knowledge of a database technology
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
· Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
· Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
· Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
· International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
· A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
· Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make