Description de l'offre
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Data Scientist, HBAP Strategic Planning and Stress Testing - Global Finance
· Working closely with Head of Strategic Planning and Stress Testing to provide the HBAP EXCO and HBAP Board with timely and insightful information to support strategic decision making and drive better business performance across the region
· Playing a key role in performing analyses, what-if scenarios in respect of key performance metrics for Asia, both historical and forward-looking. The analyses are required for identifying business risks and opportunities, supporting Board or EXCO meetings and investor presentations
· Improving the forecasting process and accuracy for the production of regression models for Asia, and be able to explain and translate the statistical model in Finance and Business sense
· Research and develop statistical models such as machine learning and traditional regression for Finance Forecasting
· Design of data structure for Machine Learning, which is to be compatible with various HSBC data source systems
· Continuous learning of latest technology and algorithms available in the market for the implementation of Machine Learning Models
· Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
· Collaborate with different HSBC stakeholders worldwide for the design of Modelling Framework for Machine Learning, in areas of machine learning processes, model governance, model repository and model inventory
· Drive the innovation of Finance Forecasting by building data process on Cloud by Python, and create Machine Learning models for Finance Forecasting
· Optimize the production of models through Cloud technology
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
· Strong practical experience with Python, SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics
· Professional qualifications in risk, finance not mandatory but advantageous.
· Experience or qualification in Microsoft Azure, GCP, DataRobot, AWS, open source Machine Learning preferred
· Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
· Experience in time series forecasting
· Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills in SAS, R, and Machine Learning
· Ability to work closely with business stakeholders to understand the business
· Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
· Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
· Experience with programming languages such as R/Java an asset
· Familiarly with one or more data science toolkits such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, scikit-learn and pandas
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and demonstrates ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited