Customer Service Officer.
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
When joining HSBC Commercial Banking UK, you will become a valued member of our team, we take the time to get to know you and there will be many tailored development opportunities along the way to support your career to grow as much as you want. We can offer you a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption pay, and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. But this is only the start, we work closely with our colleagues to understand their life balance needs and we support them with several schemes and initiatives. We can't wait to tell you about our ways of working, wellbeing agenda and our healthiest human system.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Customer Service Officer.
The role of the Customer Service Officer (known at HSBC as a Business Specialist) is to deliver a professional face to face service experience to customers, prospective customers and professionals in order to maximise contribution towards the Business Banking Portfolio segment and to improve customer engagement.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Being an ambassador for HSBC and develop the bank's profile in the local business and wider community
· Supporting customers and placing their needs at the forefront of all that we do, setting world class standards
· Seeking new opportunities and nurturing existing relationships to identify new business opportunities
· Adhering to structures and processes in place for the management of credit, operational, reputation, financial crime and regulatory risk
Ideal candidate profile
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Customer Service
· Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders including HSBC overseas offices
· Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal
· A track record of gaining an understanding of customers' needs and delivering excellent customer service
· Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
The base location for this role is Aberystwyth.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC .
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Commercial Banking UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a health work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Telephone: +44 2078328500