HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It's this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Bilingual Collections Agent:
· Responsible for collecting in various stages of delinquency and handling accounts by providing assistance to customers. Negotiates acceptable payment arrangements with delinquency customers in order to resolve the issue.
· Agent may be categorized as “Specialized” handling a single function (Collection) within one business line.
· Agent may also be categorized as “Hybrid” handling a single function (Collection) within multiple business lines, or multiple functions (Collection/Care) within a single business line.
· Collector I role is also determined by the level of experience, skill and historical performance within the role. May be considered as an entry level position.
· Regularly assists other units within the same function at times of high volumes, such as Inbound or Manual. Hybrid agents may also provide such assistance as required by another department (business line).
· Achieves individual goals in order to meet team and company objectives.
· Promotes and maintains a positive work environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC Brand.
· Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
· Contacts customers at different stages of delinquency, reviews associated reasons for delinquency and obtains relevant customer financial information.
· Identifies potential ways for customers to rectify situation. Proposes various programs and negotiates resolution within assigned authority level.
· Identifies high risk accounts and reviews alternate resolution through legal or settlement action.
· Ensures accurate customer demographic information is documented on the system of record.
· Maintains assigned accounts on the computer system(s). Ensures clear documentation and record of every call. Assigns appropriate account review dates as per department procedures.
· Requests/forwards letters to customers to provide required information or to serve as a confirmation of arrangement.
· Uses various tools such as InfoCanada and credit bureau reports to investigate additional information or trace recent demographics.
· Reassigns specialty accounts to different work queues.
· Escalates customer complaints as deemed necessary and as per internal procedure.
· Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
· Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
· A high school diploma or equivalent.
· Bilingualism (French/English)
· Six months collection experience preferred.
· Over one year experience in customer service in a customer facing role or call center.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Basic keyboard skills
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
· Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
· Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
· Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
· International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
· A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
· Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make