A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Assistant Research Manager
HANG SENG INDEXES COMPANY LTD
Hang Seng Indexes Company Limited (HSIL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hang Seng Bank, is the leading index provider for the Hong Kong and mainland China markets. We calculate the internationally recognised Hang Seng Index (HSI) and Hang Seng China Enterprises Index (HSCEI) and continue to broaden our index range to meet a wide spectrum of investor demand for different index investment solutions. At present, we compile over 400 real-time and daily indexes covering both Hong Kong and mainland China.
Our company comprises a team of professionals who strives for delivering quality, efficient and world-class index compilation services to customers and financial institutions around the world. We offer a wide range of work and learning opportunities through our businesses and job scopes, covering Product, Business Development, Research, Analytics, Systems, Operations, Risk Control and Finance.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Research Manager.
· Conduct periodic constituent review on HSI, HSCEI and other indexes;
· Support new index development and research such as preparing new index proposals and back testing calculations;
· Review the methodologies of Hang Seng Family of Indexes to ensure they are up to standard and managed with the necessary governance; and
· Upkeep the methodology and integrity of HSIL’s key products (HSI & HSCEI) through addressing regulatory changes and market developments and consulting necessary stakeholders
Ideal candidate profile
· University degree in Finance, Economics, Quantitative Analysis, Statistics or related disciplines;
· Minimum 2 years of working experience;
· Familiar with the Hong Kong / China A stock market;
· Knowledge in quantitative methods and factor modelling is an advantage;
· Experience with excel / VBA / Python and Bloomberg / Reuters / Factset / Wind;
· Strong research writing, presentation and communication skills;
· Proficiency in English, Chinese and Putonghua;
· Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.