A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Assistant Finance and Accounting Manager
Financial Control Division - Financial Reporting Department
Hang Seng's Financial Control function works closely with the Bank's stakeholders, including business partners, shareholders, regulators and external examiners. We function as their accountants and business partners in providing comprehensive information on financial management, financial planning, financial reporting and compliance, capital planning and reporting, financial control & SOX control, tax advisory, insurance finance, and treasury and investment finance.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Finance and Accounting Manager .
· Produce timely and accurate banking returns to the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) and reports for the preparation of banking returns to overseas regulators
· Assistance in formulate the policies related to the compliance of relevant regulatory ratios and control limits.
· Prepare regulatory related information to senior management, the Board and various committees
· Ensure the financial compliance in accordance with the relevant regulatory requirements of the Banking Ordinance and the various HKMA SPMs and guidelines
· Provide support and regulatory opinion to business on the implementation of new banking products
· Ensure the liquidity risk reporting is implemented timely as required by HKMA/PRA
Ideal candidate profile
· University degree in Accounting or a related discipline, with a recognized professional accounting qualification an advantage
· Minimum of 4 years' experience in financial reporting in banking or similar experience in auditing of financial institutions in big 4 auditing firms
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
· Proficiency in both English and Chinese
· Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service process