Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. With over 150 years' experience connecting clients to emerging and mature markets opportunities, HSBC currently services more than 40 million customers worldwide through an international network covering 65 countries and territories.
The Infrastructure & Real Estate Finance team, part of HSBC's Real Assets and Structured Finance Group, provides a full suite of services to corporates, financial sponsors, financial institutions and governments in a number of sectors, including Infrastructure, Power & Utilities, Renewables, Transport, Logistics, Support Services, and Real Estate. The team provides a single point for clients to access advice on financings, capital structure and debt capital markets, as well as associated execution of mandates.
We are seeking a proactive individual to join the Infrastructure & Real Estate Finance team as an Analyst, contributing to the origination and execution of financing transactions.
Based in Sydney, you will provide support across a range of financing transaction in the aforementioned sectors. You will show high levels of motivation and strong work ethic underpinned by an interest and passion for the sector. You will be a strong team player and communicator.
• Develop deep understanding of applicable sectors and products through performing detailed company and industry analysis such as benchmarking, profiling credit analysis and investment highlights.
• Engaged in creating marketing materials such as pitch books, market updates, preparation or responses to requests for proposals, teaser documents and information memoranda.
• Development of financial models to assess potential transactions, including the evaluation of financial statements and credit metrics.
• Support the team in all execution aspects of a transaction, including preparation and/or review of Information memoranda, due diligence, loan returns analysis, credit memos and legal documentation.
• Work closely with senior members of the team and show effective prioritisation and time management.
• Understand HSBC strategy as a global universal bank and its client centric approach. This will include knowledge of how the business is structured and organised, engages effectively with colleagues across businesses and products and works collaboratively in a global context.
Ideal candidate profile
• Tertiary qualification from a reputable university preferably in a relevant discipline
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with proven experience in financial modelling.
• A strong understanding of the financial markets. Knowledge of credit analysis, rating methodologies and credit metrics is beneficial.
• Strong organisational and project management skills with ability to multitask.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an ability to present complex information in a clear and effective manner.
• Previous related financial/banking experience is preferable.
• Ability to review, understand and summarise due diligence.
Learn more about careers at HSBC:
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. MJDHSBC