Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
As a part of VMware Team support deliverables the engineer is required to possess strong knowledge of VMware products and technologies and provide advanced level technical support to global HPE customers with Datacenter Care, Proactive Care and Foundation Care entitlements. Have a strong customer focus and sensitivity in dealing with diverse cultures and ability to learn and adapt quickly.
Eligibility & Qualification:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or Equivalent).
• Experience: Minimum 7 years of experience in Enterprise technical support environment
• FY16 Focal Point Review Rating: Accelerating/Driving
• Job Level: INT/SPE
• Relevant certification on the latest track like VCP / CCNA / RHCE / MSCE will be an added advantage.
• Flexible to work in 24X7 support environment
• Resolve customer’s issues via the telephone, email or remote sessions.
• Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
• Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
• Identify and escalate issues in a timely manner to vendor according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
• Collaborate with other CoE/HW teams in diagnosing and isolating the cause of complex issues.
• Maintain quality on case documentation, SLA timeframes and operational metrics.
• Performs within the Productivity Measure of the team (scorecard)
• Strong Knowledge in installing and configuring all flavors of ESXi and vCenter server.
• Troubleshooting Knowledge on ESXi and vCenter performance issues.
• Troubleshooting vSphere storage & vSphere networking issues.
• Strong understanding of vSphere Cluster Services (HA, DRS, DPM, EVC)
• Understanding of VMware Site Recovery Manager for disaster recovery
• Knowledge on Virtual Machine snapshots and VMware VDP
• Knowledge on VMware vRealize Suite that includes (vRA, vRO & vROPS)
• Good knowledge on SAN technologies and converged solutions like VMware vSAN & HC series
• Good knowledge on HP Servers Blade, Rackmount and Virtual Connect
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills Commitment to deliver high quality product and solution support.
• Must achieve excellent customer satisfaction
• Take ownership and work with high productivity and efficiency.
• Support other team members and seek their advice to make decisions on complex issues.
• Deliver trainings when required.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partner. Innovate. Act.
We live by three core values that drive our business.
Simplified, we are good partners, great innovators and we make things happen.
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.