Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
I am seeking a Test Engineer who is flexible, ambitious, self-motivated, technical and capable of performing a variety of tasks. General Linux familiarity and a variety of SW skills will be valuable in this position. Experience in configuring cluster solutions will be very useful. Process development, SW install scripting, documentation and maintenance, NPI validation, production support, and general test engineering activities will be the primary responsibilities as well as other tasks and projects as assigned.
Test Engineering tasks may include planning and arranging activities, schedules, equipment and diagnostics required for testing and evaluating both standard and special devices. Specifies tests to be performed and provides test area with parameters for sample testing. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment and diagnostics, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. Responsible for designing, developing and implementing cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. The Test Engineer is expected to monitor yields and process outputs and apply continuous improvement changes as needed.
· Expected to develop experience and expertise for assigned SW installation/development, testing and refinement activities.
· Develops and maintains Linux OS familiarity, cluster SW integration methods, as well as MS Office tools capabilities and is capable of performing fundamental networking tasks.
· Designs portions of engineering solutions to test and evaluate systems, equipment, and devices based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements.
· Develops and implements test plans, schedules, and requirements for subsystems of new and existing designs; builds testing tooling, fixtures, scripts, automation, and apparatuses based on provided specifications.
· Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced testing and development partners.
· Participates as a member of project team of other test engineers and internal and outsourced testing partners to develop and execute reliable, cost effective and high quality test solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
· Typically 2-5 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Using testing tools and software packages to automate test processes.
· Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
· Understanding of material properties and hardware and electrical component design.
· Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate test plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and shared values/ purpose, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexibility/ work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.