At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. As a Software Product Support Engineer, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity.
Recently, Cray became part of the HPE family of products and creates unique career opportunities for High Performance Computing professionals.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Cray, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, is looking for a customer service Software Product Support (SPS) engineer to join our Level 3 global service team. This service engineer is to provide support for Fujitsu A64FX Arm®-based vector processor and Cray’s Programming Environment (PE) that will support this new processor. Core job will be working issues that customers report between Fujitsu A64FX Arm® and Cray's PE and other areas of supporting Fujitsu A64FX Arm® as described below.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical support for customer reported issues escalated to level 3 support
· Analyze, reproduce, isolate and resolve issues
· Escalate unresolved issues to Fujitsu or internally to Cray R&D depending upon isolation
· Test and provide new BIOS/FW updates from Fujitsu and provide updates and documentation via CrayPort.
· Document/communicate throughout the whole process of working an issue until closure
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field/discipline
· 5+ years of technical experience, ideally in an HPC-related area
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge and experience of Linux operating systems
· Knowledge and experience with programming environments, ie. C++, Fortran, Python, MPI
· Experience with debugging and performance analysis tools (PE tools and libraries)
· Knowledge and experience with working with 3rd party suppliers
· Ability to test and release new BIOS/FW releases around Baymax
· Ability to gather data, perform analysis, reproduce and resolve issues or escalate to a R&D (Fujitsu or Cray) - working with them until closure
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize, switching between working several issues at once
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment to investigate and resolve complex problems as part of a team.
· Good communication skills, internally within Cray and externally with customers, both verbal and written
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.