Technical Solution Consultant- Automation Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Pointnext is the innovative IT services organization—part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise—built to make Hybrid IT simple and power the Intelligent Edge. As an agile technology partner, we help our customers modernize their legacy infrastructure with the flexibility of the cloud, and maximize the value of their connected devices. We make their mission our mission: To drive rapid transformation across an enterprise on a customer’s terms.
· Strong Knowledge in installation & administration of Chef Software stack or Ansi (Chef Server, Chef Automate, Inspec, Habitat).
· Strong knowledge of developing Chef Cookbooks, custom resources, libraries, helpers & notifications to automate infrastructure provisioning tasks & integrate with third-party systems.
· Proficient in Ruby programming. Python/Go Programming knowledge a plus.
· Proficient in Bash & Powershell scripting.
· Expertise in automating backup operations with CommVault, Veritas, Veeam, Cohesity or equivalent and Ceph.
· Strong knowledge of Backup & Restore strategies in a large scale environment.
· Strong knowledge of working with automated infrastructure testing tools like Serverspec, Inspec or equivalent.
· Good knowledge of build & release strategies using CI/CD Pipelines (Jenkins/GitlabCI/Bamboo/TravisCI, etc).
· Should have excellent knowledge of Git workflows & code versioning in a multi user/developer projects.
· Good understanding of REST APIs & building integrations using the programmable interfaces.
· Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done.
· Interacting and collaborating across different technology teams within HPE.
· Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems.
· Must work towards achieving HPE’s vision for our customers.
· Affinity and a thorough understanding of support processes defined within HPE.
· Exhibit “Customer First and Customer Last Attitude” consistently.
· Demonstrate high level of technical communication skills.
· Expertise in communicating with customers and intra organization.
· Takes responsibility for end-to-end problem ownership and its solutions
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
· 8+ years’ of demonstrated experience working in software development teams.
· 3+ years’ of demonstrated experience working in infrastructure operations (Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Backup).
· Think through hard problems in a consultancy environment and drive solutions to reality.
· Work in a dynamic & collaborative environment to build DevOps centered solutions using the latest technologies and tools.
· Provide support for solutions & tools deployed for customers (Engineering Level Support).
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partner. Innovate. Act.
We live by three core values that drive our business.
Simplified, we are good partners, great innovators and we make things happen.
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.