Systems Software Engineer
How you'll make your mark:
· You will work with the Artificial Intelligence/Analytics team enabling our customers to run Open Source Analytics frames works like TensorFlow and PyTorch on the world’s biggest supercomputers.
· You will help the team create new software allowing containerized applications to launch on supercomputers.
· You will help integrate industry-leading tools like Jupyter, Kubernetes, Singularity to work seamlessly on world’s exascale systems.
· You will work with the software stack includes open source data analytics, resource and container management, collaboration toolkits, and more.
· You can quickly learn about complex systems, write application code, trouble shoot and debug distributed systems, and integrate and configure multiple applications to provide customers with a data analysis platform. We expect you to develop, maintain, and update workload managers, Kubernetes clusters, and container execution environments.
· You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent with at least 5 years’ work experience or a Master’s degree with at least 2 years of experience
· Required : You are very familiar with Linux development environment, bash, scripting
· Required : You have extensive experience with multiple container technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, Singularity, containerd, etc
· Required : You have experience with Java or Python
· Required : You have experience with Supercomputers, or other distributed systems
· Highly desired: You have familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc)
· Highly desired: You have familiarity with Deep Learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow) and other Machine Learning concepts (e.g. Hyperparameter Optimization)
· Highly desired: You have experience with Jupyter Notebooks and Jupyterhub
· Desired: You have experience contributing to open source projects
· Keys to success: Sense of humor, able to work well with others, possessing patience and a drive to succeed, and ability to dive into new technology and learn on the go with minimal supervision.
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.