Sr. Systems/Software Engineer
HPE Storage is seeking an outstanding software engineer to join a team of high-performing engineers tasked with bringing strategic focus and data-driven analysis to changing the game in support delivery and customer experience.
You will be joining a small, agile, empowered team, focused on providing business value through the analysis of telemetry data received from HPE storage and enterprise products. The team leverages a state-of-the-art, reactive, microservice-based architecture implemented via the SMACK stack, to process and analyze the data, and expose the results via an API and web application.
· Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compilers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
· Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
· Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
· Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
· Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
· Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
· Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
· Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or equivalent, and a minimum of 6+years’ experience
Knowledge and Skills:
· Team player with a passion for learning, programming, automation, and data-driven decision making
· Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages, including C and C++, Python, scripting languages.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication skills
· Proven ability to establish strong relationships across large organizations
· Designing software systems running on multiple platform types
· Experience supporting enterprise customers
· Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.