Job ID 1023333 Date posted 6/4/2018 Primary Location Aguadilla, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico Other location Aguadilla,Aguadilla,Puerto Rico;Aguadilla,Aguadilla,Puerto Rico Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (Puerto Rico)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs engineering solutions to test and evaluate networking products. Develops software including networking and testing utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines software compatibility and/or influences software design.
· Designs portions of engineering solutions to test and evaluate systems, equipment, and devices based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements.
· Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
· Participates as a member of project team of other test engineers and internal and outsourced testing partners to develop and execute reliable, cost effective and high quality test solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
· Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced testing and development partners.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical
· Engineering, or equivalent.
· minimum of 2 years of experience if he/she has networking knowledge (networking protocols like IP4/IP6, VLANS, LACP, STP, OSPF, BGP, etc.)
· Must have knowledge of software testing life cycle and methodologies, including developing test plans and test executions.
· Must have strong programming skills in scripting languages like python, expect or similar.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Using software systems design tools and languages.
· Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
· Design software systems running on multiple platform types.
· Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate test plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.