Software QA Engineer
Cloud Data Services team is looking for experienced Software QA engineers. This engineer develops, modifies, and executes software test strategies, plans and suites. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. May develop tools and environments to automate test execution.
· Works in a SCRUM team and partners with the team while being responsible for all stages of quality assurance for Cloud Volumes Service, including testing strategy, analysis, coding, results evaluation, and proposed corrective actions.
· Reviews and evaluates designs provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
· Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software quality assurance leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
· Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the CDS domain.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Extensive experience with multiple software quality assurance tools and processes.
· Evaluating forms and processes for software testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Experience in overall architecture and software design for products and solutions.
· Experience with design and integration of software running on multiple platform types.
· Experience in As a Service environment is preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
· Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Nimble storage difference:
· We work in a startup type environment, where we play hard and work hard. Your table tennis skills will be appreciated.
· Some of the perks for employees: Free breakfast Mondays, Free lunch Wednesdays, Social Fridays, Site cultural celebrations and monthly hack-days to encourage innovation.
· A transparent and people focused management style, with emphasis on teamwork and collaboration.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.