Job ID 1031759 Date posted 9/7/2018 Primary Location San Jose, California, United States; Durham, North Carolina, United States Other location Durham,North Carolina,United States of America Job Category Administration, Graduate programs and Internships Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineering Intern to work in the San Jose, CA office.
This is a 2019 Summer Intern Position.
The projects in Data Services team are in the areas of CASL file system, Protocols and Performance. We are looking for a bunch of wicked-smart, mad-talented students who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference on our fast-paced, energetic, and groundbreaking Engineering team based in San Jose, California and Durham (RTP) North Carolina
· Will gain professional work experience with one of the most innovative organizations
· Take on exciting assignments and projects in specific fields of study
· Develop hands-on experience with cutting edge technologies in data storage and analytics
· Learn from professional mentors
· Build a network of contacts in a growing industry
· Strong system programming background with C/C++ for large enterprise class software.
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and multi-threaded programming
· Understanding of OS internals.
Interest and familiarity in the following areas is a plus -
- Data-path on large and complex modules.
- Distributed Systems, Clustering or HA
- Memory management, Virtualization or De-duplication
- Replication, QoS , Storage Protocols (iSCSI/SCSI, FC, NFS, CIFS).
- Performance tuning and modeling
- Performance analysis tools e.g. Oprofile, gprof.
• Competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.