Description de l'offre
Job ID 1031708 Date posted 10/31/2018 Primary Location San Jose, California, United States Job Category Administration, Graduate programs and Internships Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Intern – Data Services at Nimble Storage
This is a 2019 summer intern position.
Internships at Nimble provide an opportunity to take up exciting assignments and projects, gain professional work experience and learn from professional mentors. The projects in Data Services team are in the areas of CASL file system, Protocols and Performance. We are looking for a bunch of wicked-smart, mad-talented students who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference on our fast-paced, energetic, and groundbreaking Engineering team based in San Jose, California.
· Internships are offered full-time and part time throughout the year
· They are available to students pursuing BS/MS/PhD in CS (or EE)
· Duration of the program is typically between 2 to 6 months depending on the project.
· Strong system programming background with C/C++ for large enterprise class software.
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and multi-threaded programming
· Understanding of OS internals.
· Interest and familiarity in the following areas is a plus:
· Data-path on large and complex modules.
· Distributed Systems, Clustering or HA
· Memory management, Virtualization or De-duplication
· Replication,QoS , Storage Protocols (iSCSI/SCSI, FC, NFS, CIFS).
· Performance tuning and modeling
· Performance analysis tools e.g. Oprofile, gprof.
Life at Nimble
Nimble is fun and rewarding experience for interns. Nimble employees cite the company’s collaborative and innovative culture as two key factors contributing to their overall job satisfaction. Our interns work on cool projects which directly improves our product and/or business. They get to showcase their work to their peers and other teams in a supportive setting. Nimble is proud to have a fun, energetic and active work environment. Some highlights include:
· Free Tuesday lunches, Friday bash, Intern/Mentor outings, beach parties and several other fun events.
· Fully stocked kitchen with lots of fresh fruits, variety of snacks & beverages to choose from.
· Nicely equipped gym and personal training programs
· Very active groups enjoying soccer, cricket, basketball, volleyball, Ping-Pong, golf and hiking.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for driving innovation for the most dynamic company in the storage industry. In 2010, Nimble upended the data storage industry with its Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout (CASL™) architecture. Since then, the company has established itself as the leader in the fast-growing flash storage market.
Nimble has broken away from the storage industry pack with innovations like its scale-out architecture, which allows its solutions to independently scale performance and capacity with minimum disruption; and InfoSight™, its automated storage support system that uses Big Data to identify and resolve problems in real-time. Adaptive Flash, Nimble’s latest contribution to storage innovation, is the most efficient flash platform in the industry and the company’s all-flash shelf scales to 64 terabytes within a single system.
Nimble has Garnered an Impressive List Of Awards, including CRN Storage Product of the Year, Wall Street Journal Next Big Thing award, InfoWorld / Network World "25 New IT Companies to Watch"
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.