Job ID 1026860 Date posted 6/4/2018 Primary Location Singapore, Central Singapore Community Development Council, Singapore Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (Singapore)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
We are looking for individuals who are talented, technically inclined and self-motivated to fill the position of Software Engineer - Firmware for the development of our award winning Networking Switches and Router Products. This position will be physically located in Singapore.
· You will be part of a team that designs, implements, tests and validates SW for state-of-the-art networking products.
· You will be involved in the design and development of major functional and performance enhancements for existing products and produce new SW products and solutions.
· You will review requirements, specifications, and designs to assure product quality.
· Additionally, you will make changes to create extensions on existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· 2 – 4 years of relevant experience
· Verystrong programmingexperience in C
· Embedded Linux systems programming experience
· Solid understanding of software development principles
· Experience with software development tools and processes
· Strong interest and ability to conduct issues investigation and develop solutions
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Self-motivated, eager and quick learner
· Passion for technology
· A strong team player, able to collaborate and work with global and cross-functional teams
· Master's degree or advance degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience with embedded Linux OS, kernel, device tree, device drivers, yocto.
· Possess working knowledge on embedded software development in RTOS environment
· Experience with GIT or comparable Revision Control software
· Experience in various phases of the software development cycle
· Experience in network programming, writing secure software
· Experience with network development tools - Sniffer, Traffic Generators, IXIA, Spirent etc.
· Experience with Unit Test Automation
· Experience in assembly language
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.