Software Engineer - Data Services (Graduate)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
HPE is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Data Services group within the Nimble Storage Organization. This is a perfect position for someone who is passionate about using the latest techniques and best practices to build and improve systems software that is scalable and best-in-class. This individual will design and develop software in the NimbleOS data path.
· Design, develop and maintain features pertaining to the CASL file system for the Nimble Storage platforms. This includes the adaptive flash based hybrid as well as the All flash platform.
· Create functional specs and other design documentation.
· Design, code, test and debug components in HPE Storage’s Data Services group.
· Implement new features in the CASL File System, Protocols and Performance.
· Debug and fix issues that are reported as a part of new feature testing or as a part of the sustaining process for released/deployed software;
· Work with other Data Services teams, QA, Customer Support and Platform teams to solve complex customer and release issues.
· Investigate options for optimizing performance of the data path by developing prototypes and iterating through measurements.
· Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the Data Service Team.
· Work with technical leaders and architects to understand new product requirements.
· Provide guidance to management and participate in technical communication with customers
Education and Experience Required:
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of industry experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Must have in depth knowledge of OS internals and very strong system programming background with C/C++.
· Strong command over data structures and ability to develop optimized algorithms.
· Must be able to trouble shoot issues on complex multi-threaded systems.
· Knowledge of file systems and/or storage protocols (iSCSI/SCSI, FC, NFS, CIFS) would be desirable.
· Experience with persistent storage such as NVRAM would be a huge plus.
· Ability to write clear and articulate functional and design specifications.
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and take on a variety of roles as needed
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.