Job ID 1029352 Date posted 8/29/2018 Primary Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift First Shift (India)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
What You'll Do
Set and maintain quality standards for company products through the use of systematic processes. Develops, modifies, and executes software test strategies, plans and suites. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. May develop tools and environments to automate test execution. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
Our Minimum Requirements for this role are
· performs interoperability & host connectivity testing with HP storage arrays (3PAR, MSA, XP), host OS’s/virtualized environments, and SAN infrastructure components. This includes array side features where there is host array interactions. Interoperability testing consists of Block level access as well as File persona capabilities of the array (where applicable)
· publishes test results on SPOCK as supported host+SAN+array “IO stack” configurations. SPOCK is the definitive documentation for what storage ecosystem components are supported with HP arrays
· performs certification testing to obtain HP array product listing on external partner storage HCL/support matrices – Vmware, Microsoft, Sun Cluster, Citrix XenServer, Cisco UCS, Symantec SF
· engages with ecosystem partners to influence how they develop their storage management features and provide guidance on storage certification suites. We communicate partner storage roadmap items to HPSD development teams so they can incorporate into future product plans
· is a key participant in the HPSD deal exception process (DERs/CERs).
· To support HPSD’s business expansion, SET is expanding into Bangalore to cover Interoperability of 3PAR arrays with host OSes/virtual environments. The teams in Bangalore will be responsible for:
· Block storage qualification: Windows, AIX, HPUX, Solaris, Linux and Virtualization environments (Windriver Linux, Citrix Xenserver, Oracle Virtual Machines, Oracle UEL/UEK)
· File persona qualification with various OSes (Windows, RHEL, SLES, HP-UX, Solaris)
· Working very closely with the manager of the OS interoperability qualification team to chalk out the test strategy for the team.
· Mentoring and growing the knowledge base of the team members
· Closely tracking the work of the 3PAR development teams in UDU to evaluate impacts to SET’s testing, triggered by new 3PAR features
· Closely tracking the feature development of various OSes – to evaluate test impacts to SET
· Responsible for detailed test planning for the team
· Responsible for evaluating any Deal Exception requests that are received by the various OSes
· Leading the efforts for customer escalations and problem resolutions related to various OSes storage arrays interoperability
· Doing hands-on qualification as needed
Education and Experience Required
· BS with at least 10+ experience in performing QA functions of system software
· Strong knowledge of host operating systems and virtualization environments
· Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed teams
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience with storage arrays and host operating systems/virtualized environments will be a big Plus
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.