At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. As a Software Engineer, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity.
Recently, Cray became part of the HPE family of products and creates unique career opportunities for High Performance Computing professionals.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Cray, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, has an opening for a position as a Software Engineer in the Call Home Team (Global Technical Services). This position involves working with the product engineering and L2/L3 teams in order to produce relevant call home telemetry and service automation capabilities in order to facilitate world-class service for our global customer base.
In this position, the candidate will assist designing, implementing, testing, debugging and maintaining the call home automation platform for all Cray products. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for:
· Documentation and communication of their designs
· Operational aspects for the customer facing call home solution
· Root cause analysis of customer-reported issues, providing a tested solution that solves the reported problem
· Working closely with others across the organization to develop key system requirements
Key Qualifications Include :
· BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
· Excellent organizational and collaborative skills, with strong verbal and written communications
· Commitment to sound software engineering principles
· Success working in a fast-paced changing environment; strong sense of urgency
· Desire to learn and grow by utilizing and learning new technologies
· Desire to challenge how things are done if there is a better way
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work well in an Agile/Dev Ops environment
· Experience developing and running production customer-facing web applications
· Proficiency writing Python and familiarity with Linux and shell scripting
· Proficiency with PostgreSQL or related database
· Understanding of REST-based interfaces
· Deep understanding of storage is a plus
· Nice-to-have experience:
· Experience with the Atlassian toolset
· Experience integrating applications with Salesforce.com
· Linux software packaging
· Containers and container orchestration: Docker/Kubernetes
· Message Bus: Kafka
· Elastic Search
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.