Site Reliability Engineer (Graduate)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Our development and design approach assumes configuration as code. We want motivated high performers who can leverage brilliant ideas into automated configuration and deployment while troubleshooting and resolving any issues when automation doesn't work like it should.
· Think through hard problems in a cloud environment and drive solutions to reality
· Work in a dynamic & collaborative environment
· Build DevOps solutions using the latest technologies and tools
· Engage often with customers in all sorts of ways
· Participate in DevOps implementation/development projects
· DevOps Solutions & tools support (Engineering Level Support)
· Public Cloud cost optimization, tool selection etc.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years experience in Software Design, Development and Production Operations
· Experience managing Cloud Systems.
· 3+ years working in Linux environments (Ubuntu preferred)
· 2+ years building tools with at least one of the programming languages ( Python preferred)
· 2+ years’ experience architecting and administering Databases (i.e Postgres, MySQL)
· Experience with caching technologies (i.e. Memcache, MongoDB, Redis)
· Experience with system automation and deployment tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
· An understanding of modern build tools like Jenkins
· Experience with Openstack and Openstack management tools
· Experience with AWS and AWS provided tools (Cloud formation, OpsWorks etc.)
· Experience with monitoring/graphing tools (Sensu, graphite etc.)
· Experience with performance tuning and benchmarking for Cloud Systems
· Exposure to Big Data (Hadoop, Cassandra) big plus
· Experience working with vendors in a combination of the following: Cloud, SaaS, ISP, Managed Hosting and Datacenter space
· Ability to troubleshoot issues in highly complex network setups
· Customer facing experience a plus Excellent business communication and presentation skills
· A strong technical foundation in build, release and deployment environments
· An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
· Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems
· Experience working with distributed remote teams is a plus
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.