Job ID 1023819 Date posted 4/20/2018 Primary Location Singapore, Central Singapore Community Development Council, Singapore Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (Singapore)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch, campus LAN and data center solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated individual to be part of our high-speed digital circuit designers developing state-of-the art Ethernet switch products.
· As a Signal Integrity Engineer, you will be a key technical contributor in the hardware team, designing & validating signal-integrity solutions for enterprise grade networking products. Primary focus will be on next generation high speed I/O and supporting legacy low speed buses.
· Responsibilities include providing robust and cost-effective signal integrity solutions, performing signal integrity analysis, simulations, design of experiments and verification using state-of-the-art tools and methods. You'll also research and enable innovative solutions for cutting-edge designs, including filing patents and enabling next generation technologies. Typical duties include generating PCB stack-ups and design rules, performing lab measurements and verifying designs.
· You are expected to familiarise with network switch architecture, internal signal Integrity methodology and approach. You are required to demonstrate working knowledge, be a contributing team member who proactively initiates improvements and innovations that add to intellectual property.
· You are responsible to solve issues, drive completion of scheduled deliverables, collaboratively network and be a role model and technical resource in your area of specialisation. You will independently plan and schedule your work to meet objectives with little direct supervision.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with 3 to 5 years of experience in board design and signal integrity related work.
· Strong fundamentals in electromagnetics and good grasp of signal integrity concepts such as: transmission line effects, termination techniques, I/O buffer modeling, high speed signaling issues.
Knowledge and Skills
· Sound knowledge of digital and analog circuit design.
· Good understanding of latest high-speed interfaces standards.
· Signal Integrity Simulation Tools: Synopsys HSPICE, Agilent ADS, Ansoft HFSS, etc.
· Statistical Analysis and BER Tools.
· Cadence schematics and layout Tools.
· Some knowledge of Perl and MatLab.
· Operation of high-end oscilloscopes, time domain reflectometer, vector network analyzer, waveform analysis software.
· Ability to build relationships with partners.
· Good verbal, written and presentation skills during technical discussions and issue communication.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.