Description de l'offre
Job ID 1029783 Date posted 8/23/2018 Primary Location Aguadilla, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (Puerto Rico)
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for worldwide quality, customer support, and engineering for service spare parts at our worldwide repair and distribution centers. You will interface with R&D, factory process engineering, Test Engineering, reliability engineering and suppliers to solve product quality or yield problems throughout the life of the product. You will sustain service spare parts through cost reductions, quality improvements, and assurances of supply. You will also analyze samples of defective units from customers, reporting the results to the appropriate engineering teams and/or vendors where the issue occurred, and implementing changes to the part, product or process as applicable.
You’ll have opportunity to work on the products we deliver and support, while gaining experience as a Services Supply Chain Product Engineer, which can lead to future careers within HPE.
In this role, you will:
· Work with Suppliers and Product Division to develop and provide product test and debug processes and training for NPI rollouts to Repair Centers
· Perform engineering analysis of defective spare parts, and evaluate results of customer feedback, test, and quality assurance processes for product
· Collaborate with peers, junior engineers, procurement, life cycle managers, planning , and external and internal manufacturing and design partners around the world
· Communicate part, product and process issue analysis to product stakeholders
· Collaborate with management, internal, and outsourced manufacturing and development partners to recommend and implement changes to part, product or process to reduce defects, improve quality, and lower costs
· Evaluate the impact of quality issues to our customers and determine the strategy for a sustainable spare parts supply chain
· Research and identify technical information of spare parts to validate functional equivalents or alternatives
· Determine alternative sources of supply that meets HPE quality standards
· Ensure all change requests to test/repair processes and controls are adhered to by our worldwide repair centers through supplier audits
· Support the customer escalations team to ensure spare part quality and availability enables the best customer experience
· Manage the worldwide repair strategy of spares from new product introduction through end of support life
· Develop enhancements to support best-in-class data reporting solutions with the IT organization, as well as support ad-hoc reporting requests from various parties
· Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
· Perform other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will have a solid technical product support background, with the ability to understand potentially complex product testing requirements. The candidate should also have the knowledge and experience necessary to review and/or develop test processes to ensure product quality.
Education and Experience Required
· Bachelor's in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
· Advanced degree preferred
· 4+ years’ experience in Services Support Engineering in the high tech sector
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Ability to use empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Understanding of material properties, hardware, and electrical component design and manufacture
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, mastery in English and local language.
· Ability to effectively communicate plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels
· Highly developed project management skills utilized to oversee complex programs
· Demonstrated knowledge of lean six sigma methodologies
· Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Some schedule flexibility to attend early/late-night meetings with EMEA or APJ-based colleagues and business partners on an occasional basis.