Job ID 1024876 Date posted 7/17/2018 Primary Location Hong Kong, Central and Western District, Hong Kong SAR Job Category Sales Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (Hong Kong)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Our new innovative IT services organization is HPE Pointnext. We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation. In Hong Kong, the Pointnext team drives value outcomes to our clients and drives the entire HPE portfolio positioning to create differentiation to our existing and new clients.
Services Sales managers are product, services, software or solution specialists that are responsible for leading pursuit in their assigned focus areas. Collaborates with and supports Account Managers and provides specialist expertise within the sales team. Drives proactive campaigns to build the pipeline, uses specialized knowledge and skills to prospect, qualify, negotiate and close opportunities. May have named accounts allocated, cover a designated geography, or may be allocated to one high-potential, competitive attack account.
· Develops long term sales pipeline to increase the company's market share in specialized area.
· Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities for customer value by expanding and enhancing existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit in specialty area.
· Drive opportunities together with the Account managers.
· Set direction for business development and solution replication.
· Creates and grows reference customers.
· Sell complex products or solutions to customers on a partnership basis.
· May act as a dedicated resource to a few strategic accounts.
· Services specialists may also be responsible for selling small outsourcing deals.
· For Services Consultants: Focus on growing contractual renewals for large accounts with more complexity, to higher- total contract-value renewals.
· Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, including the C- level for mid-to-large accounts by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
· Maintain and use overall cross-portfolio knowledge to support account leads with integration of solutions.
· Contribute to enduring executive relationships that establish the company's consultative professionalism and promote its total solution capabilities.
· Maintains expertise on IT at all levels - new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
· Maintains broad market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with Customer Executives.
Education and Experience Required:
· University or Bachelor's degree; Advanced University or MBA preferred.
· Directly related previous work experience with 2 years in a services sales role preferably, total around 5-10 years working experience.
· Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
· Prior selling experience includes multiple, diverse set of selling responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Is considered a master in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large, complex solutions.
· Know strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in account and how to leverage this knowledge in the account.
· Uses expertise specialty, consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client's business needs with solution.
· In-depth knowledge of client's business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure.
· Considerable knowledge of the customer's infrastructure and architecture.
· Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving services sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
· Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving full portfolio including hardware, software and services needed for the customer's requirements.
· Strategic planning on a business development level; can build an effective business case reflecting the value of an appropriate strategy.
· Balance strategic and tactical pursuits to optimize coverage and develop a predictable revenue stream.
· Uses C-level engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to offer value-add solutions to the client.
· Works with the account team to build an effective account plan and strategy to drive incremental revenue in the account.
· Utilizes SFDC as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
· Successful partner engagement experience.
Works effectively with our partners to drive additional revenue.
· Understand and sells high value software solutions.
· Demonstrates the ability to leverage the company's portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
· Understands the leverage of services as part of strategic portfolio of products.
· Promotes services as part of all strategic opportunities.
· Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.