Job ID 1024497 Date posted 8/16/2018 Primary Location San Jose, California, United States; Durham, North Carolina, United States Other location Durham,North Carolina,United States of America Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
HPE Nimble Storage is looking for a motivated, self-driven person to work on our next generation storage platform within the New Product Introduction (NPI) team. The ideal candidate should have Storage Industry experience and possess the following skills:
· Interact with third party vendors for implementation, qualification, and failure analysis of PCIe switches supporting NTB and NVMe capabilities.
· Proficiency and significant experience in C, Python, and bash scripting.
· Experience with Operating System development and debugging, preferably with Linux/Unix kernels.
· Excellent communication skills, as well as strong analytical and diagnostic skills
· Ability to work with minimal direction in an open & fast-pace environment and take on a variety of roles as needed.
· Bachelor, MS, or PhD. in Computer Science or closely related field.
· Minimum of 3-6 years of storage/server experience or equivalent industry.
· Design and maintain testing infrastructure for new platforms and storage components.
· Investigate, design, and develop enhancements for our firmware utility update.
· Design and develop thorough and effective unit and fault injection testing cases with standard Linux utilities
· Work closely with our QA, Support, and additional Development teams to drive product and process improvements.
· C/C++ code
· Bash scripts
· Linux Kernel
· Additional skills/experience desired:
· Experience with storage firmware components such as BIOS, BMC, Expander FW, NVDIMM, HBA, HDD, and SSD
· Hands-on Linux kernel and drivers experience
· Storage industry experience
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.