Security / Industrial IOT Architect
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Our new innovative IT services organization is HPE PointNext. We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation. We aim to ensure our valued clients have the most effective solution to suit the demands on a dynamic and fast-paced, modern business and the expertise to achieve maximum business benefit.
About the role :
Responsible to advise, assess, architect and lead delivery of external customer facing projects as well as support pursuit or business development to grow the business. Ensure timely delivery of project maintaining high quality of services through deep understanding of customers’ requirements. Has advanced subject matter knowledge in one or more areas in information security, cyber security and security operations applied to in IT/OT and IIOT environments. Solve complex business problems for customers and recommend best practices & long-term solutions. Assist in deal pursuit activities of front-ending technical discussions with customers and responding to proposals. Stay abreast with latest happenings in the industry and update knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis. As trusted advisor, create and maintain effective customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintain knowledge of leading-edge security technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. Actively contribute to the company’s solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies and architectures based on experience gained from customer projects. Accountable for consistent and significant chargeability levels (or expense relief for internal project teams) and for assisting in meeting or exceeding revenue, margin and customer satisfaction goals. Willingness to travel and deliver projects in different geographies.
Location : This role can be based anywhere in the U.S., Europe or Middle East (UAE).
· Responsible for leading and participating in security by design and cyber security for IT/OT and IIOT consulting projects for HPE customer.
· Provide Security Architecture for IIOT environment based on Purdue Model.
· Can act as Principal Consultant who analyses and develops recommendations and solutions for external customers.
· Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific security technical solutions to the customer.
· Provides advanced security consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, operations management, tuning and modification of solutions.
· Responds to requests for technical and architectural information from customers.
· Engages in technical problem solving across multiple security technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
· Contributes to knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project).
· Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community. Mentors others in area of expertise.
· Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc. Actively contributes to or presents at multi-customer technology conferences.
· Creates and supports sales activities, bids, or major input into the sales lifecycle. Manages activities and provides qualitative and quantitative information for successful sales. Produces complete proposals for smaller engagements within area of expertise.
· Actively grows the company portfolio with existing customers through new opportunities and change management.
Education and Experience Required:
· 8+ years of relevant work experience
· B.E / B.Tech at minimum, candidates having an MBA degree will have an advantage
· Preferred candidate should have some of the following certifications - CISSP, CISA, SANS Certifications, Certified Internet of Things Practitioner, Internet of Things Foundation Certification, Microsoft Azure IoT, Certified Operational Technology Cybersecurity Professional, or others
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience in executing projects in the area of IT/OT and/or IIOT Security.
· Experience in managing/consulting in the area of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) security
· Hands on experience on Security Architecture design for ICS and implementation in large organization(s)
· Experience in Purdue model designing.
· Understanding of security risks for ICS components like SCADA, DCS, OPC/DCOM, HMI, SIS, PLC, Historian, Engineering workstations, Site Operations, Remote connectivity.
· Able to do threat modelling for IT/OT and IIOT environments.
· Able to assess and recommend firewall rules for traffic flow from Corporate LAN to Control LAN.
· Understanding of security best practices and standards (like NIST 62443, ISO27k).
· Previous experience in security assessment for IIOT environments.
· Experience in Telemetry environments with exposure to the telecom networks and/or connected cars would be a plus.
· Has depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design, scope and deliver multiple ICS security deliverables across several technologies.
· Has demonstrated innovation and good conceptual communication of deliverables and offerings.
· Possesses an understanding, at a detailed level, of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the customer's IT environment.
· Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrate professionalism.
· Ability to work in a multi- technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause.
· Ability to adapt a consulting style appropriate to the situation.
· Able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining depth in core focus area.
· Ability to present within own area of expertise as part of a customer sales presentation, putting forward domain-specific information within the context of the company strategy and focus.
· Has demonstrated ability in the gathering of requirements, designs, plans and estimates. Able to produce complete proposals for smaller engagements within own area of expertise.
· Able to lead a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverable.
· Passion for serving the customer
· High level of autonomy under general direction
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability and willingness to travel.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.