Release and Tools Engineer
As part of Release and Tools Engineering team, you will be responsible for managing the engineering tool chain in an administrative role. You will be automating processes and workflow using scripting technologies. As part of Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) process, develop required interfaces and integrate various tools. May interact with various teams across Aruba products to gather requirements and then implement nimble solutions.
· Administers the Engineering tool chain for Aruba products
· Builds and Releases products across the portfolio on a regular cadence as appropriate
· Develops scripts and automate for continuous integration and continuous deployment of product lines.
· Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
· Evaluates and evolves the tool chain for development and test engineering on an on-going basis.
· Maintains the existing tools like JIRA, Perforce, Git and other CI/CD tools.
· Implements and maintains CI/CD infrastructure using tools like Jenkins.
· Automates the processes and integrates tools using Python, Perl, Groovy.
· Maintains custom environment dashboards and enhance them as appropriate.
· Manages and expands relationships with internal development/QA/PLM/Support teams across Aruba products.
· Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and tools.
· Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering or related discipline
· 8+ years of experience in the Industry and domain knowledge.
· Minimum 3+ years of experience in Perforce, Git, JIRA in an administrative role
Knowledge and Skills:
· Hands on experience as Release Engineering by maintaining active Releases and Product builds
· Strong administration skills with Perforce/Git, JIRA
· Good understanding and use JIRA, Code Collaborator, Confluence
· Strong scripting skills with Python/Perl, Groovy with Minimum 2+ years of hands on scripting experience in a production environment
· Good knowledge on Linux Fundamentals and Database management
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Ability to communicate, effectively.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.