Quality Data Engineer
This position will be at the leading edge of selecting, applying, testing and deploying new technologies to perform business analytics. As the Data Science tools and architectures evolve this role will be involved in adopting the latest developments and applying them to quality analytics. This individual will be leading and teaching those with the business knowledge, but lacking skills in the latest tools how to execute on the architecture. This position will be responsible for providing the infrastructure to Data Scientists and Analysts to make them successful. The role requires a demonstrated passion for high performing compute architectures. This person must be an agent of change as this is a rapidly changing field and their work must adapt. The candidate must project competence and enthusiasm to become a trusted advisor. The candidate would often work independently and have the ability to take on extremely complex data science projects to improve HPE product quality and customer experience. This job will play a critical role in TCE & Quality and the design of its internal analytics architecture as well as representing our needs to vendors and partners. The successful candidate must have hands on experience configuring servers, storage and networking in a lab or datacenter environment. There will therefore be a need to lift up to 35lbs to a height of 5 ft.
Most work will be based on linux, so a strong background in configuring linux operating systems will be important as well as administration skills. Specialized skills that are focused on highly scalable solution architecture and data infrastructure for HPE private cloud architecture, docker containers, kubernetes, functional programming, business development, data science, machine learning and technical advisory are also required. The successful candidate will ideally exhibit technical expertise in Hadoop, Spark, Python, R, Java, Scala and SQL.
Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining quality engineering protocols and methods for building, assembly and test transforming materials into partially finished or finished products. Ensures compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal and external safety, quality and regulatory standards requirements for worldwide distribution. Designs methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products. Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to design, test, manufacturing, quality standards and procedures when necessary. Recommends performance objectives for engineering, test, manufacturing, product and design functions. May assure compliance to in-house and/or external specifications and standards (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean Sigma and others).
· Leads project teams of other quality engineers and internal and outsourced development and manufacturing partners responsible for the design and integration of quality requirements, processes, and practices into the development, design, manufacturing, and continuous improvement of products and solutions.
· Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners for quality, product manufacturing and development.
· Reviews and evaluates product and solution designs and production activities for potential quality issues; provides tangible feedback based on results and root-cause analysis and designs and implements solutions to improve product quality and mitigate risk of failures.
· Provides domain-specific expertise and overall product engineering leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
· Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the manufacturing engineering organization.
· Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
· Lean, Six Sigma black belt or equivalent preferred.
· Requires 6 - 10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Extensive experience with using engineering tools and software packages to test, design, and evaluate products and processes
· Excellent analytical, statistics, and problem solving skills.
· Conducting reviews of material specifications, hardware and electrical component design and processes, and industry quality standards and methodologies.
· Evaluating forms of empirical and root-cause analysis, modeling, testing methodologies, and quality standards to validate product designs, specifications, and processes.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;mastery in English and local language.
· Ability to effectively communicate quality architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident (green card holder) required.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.