Principal Software Engineer - Platform Development
Principal Software Engineer - Platform Development
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT solutions to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Our mission is to empower our customers with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Principal Software Engineer/Platform Development and you will be responsible for design, development, troubleshooting and debugging of data engineering products for HCI, Software Defined Storage analytics products of HPE. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our R&D team and work in areas of storage, filesystem, hyper converged solutions and analytics. You will evaluate, design, and define coding, programming, and integration activities based on objectives and established project guidelines, collaborating with product management to understand and finalize requirements. If you have a track record in and a passion for software engineering, want to be part of a business that is growing—with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.
How you’ll make your mark:
· Investigate, design, and develop enhancements for our Linux-based kernel, Nimble Operating System (NimbleOS).
· Design and development of software, typically as libraries, that interfaces the data path with the kernel and with hardware devices for reliable I/O of data to/from the network, NVRAM, and storage devices
· Design and develop thorough and effective unit and fault injection test cases for Nimble OS.
· Identify and evaluate new technologies and innovations for alignment with our roadmap and business objectives.
· Review and evaluate designs and implementations for compliance with development guidelines and standards and provide constructive feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
· Coordinate and collaborate with our QA, Support, and additional Development teams across geographical locations, to drive product and process improvements.
· Leverage recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
· Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members to set an example of software systems design and development innovation and excellence.
· Experience with Operating System development and debugging, preferably with Linux/Unix operating systems.
· Familiarity with multi-threaded and distributed software with network protocols and debugging complex system environments
· Experience and understanding of PCIe, NVMe, and NVMe-oF and firmware (BIOS, BMC, Expander FW, NVDIMM, SAS-HBA) is desired.
· Familiarity with VMware ESX, Microsoft HyperV, and other hypervisors
· Prior experience with vSphere APIs is a plus.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills: mastery in English.
· Extensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
· Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
· Ability to work with minimal direction in an open & fast-pace environment and take on a variety of roles, as needed.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent and 7+ years of SW Engineering experience and 3+ years Storage Industry experience.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers .
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.