Network Software Engineer - Topology and Provisioning-- Strategic Integrations
As a member of the High-Performance Networking Strategic Integrations Team, this Engineer is responsible for integration, automation and development of systems leveraging emerging and modern cluster, hardware and software technologies in existing and opportunistic markets and solution integrations in a critical, fast-paced and agile engineering team. This Engineer will be expected to work on solutions and integrations across Networking, Storage, Compute and 3rd party systems – working with engineers inside HPE and outside. Responsibilities will include assembling systems from open-source, licensed software, development components and mixes of System networking and compute hardware. Solutions and successful execution will be heavily dependent on development and operational experience with creative mixture of components. The successful candidate will also leverage proven Agile experience to consistently identify innovative and measurable results across frequent high-visibility milestones.
Position responsibilities include:
· Participating in a small fast-paced engineering team working together to solve critical blocking issues, identify potential risks and establish consistent cadence of objective
· Tracking issues across multiple projects concurrently
· Supporting, defining and detailing product requirement documents in response to market requirements
· Diagnosing and analyzing development and production systems
· Configuring, operationalizing, and integrating systems and solutions from heterogenous component vendors
· Prioritizing features, workarounds, integrations and solution checkpoints; evaluating for most technical, market impact and customer impact
· Participating in architectural and product reviews, designing and implementing enterprise class hardware and software, ensuring that the design and implementation meet architectural goals as well as mentoring other junior engineers.
· This person must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace new challenges.
· The ideal candidate will have very strong technical skills with a proven track record of delivering complex software solutions as well as excellent interpersonal skills that enable teamwork.
· BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) and a minimum of 5 years of experience in executing and formulating the architecture, design - then developing, and debugging new software for new hardware.
· Strong programming ability in Go, Java, C#, and/or C/C++
· Networking (Layer 2-4) development and operations experience is critical.
· Experience with different Network Topologies including Fat-Tree and Dragonfly and DataCenter Network design
· Proven operational experience in a datacenter with management networks, storage arrays, cluster management, authentication and authorization
· Experience prototyping, designing and building network visualization, monitoring, change management and health APIs, User Experience and operational tools
· Strong Linux or Unix software development expertise, with proven ability to produce high quality deliverables.
· Strong full-stack software design expertise. Strong knowledge of Networking, drivers, Operating Systems, storage
· Strong experience with Systems Management software, DevOps, API-driven automation
· Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Platform a plus
· Experience with large cluster applications, grid-computing, and/or HPC a plus
· Proven experience diagnosing, identifying and mitigating solution issues in development and production systems
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work successfully in a team environment
· The ability to understand the issues related to supporting distributed systems, scale-out availability system management, event routing, high availability, and development around out-of-band monitoring
· Senior technical leadership experience driving implementation and formulation of architectural solutions
· Aiding managers with planning of projects (Use of MS-Project or JIRA is a plus)
· Commitment to sound system engineering principles and a demonstrated knowledge of the full development lifecycle – Agile development expertise is a strong plus.
· Outstanding problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work well in a cooperative development environment, both within and across teams.
· Fearless and willing to take on any engineering challenge.
· Very strong leadership and mentoring skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.