Inside Sales - Systems Engineer
The Networking Systems Engineer will work with Aruba’s Inside Sales Representatives to qualify opportunities and convert leads into successful customer engagements. The Systems Engineer must combine excellent sales support, and consultative skills with an expert understanding of advanced and emerging technologies with an emphasis on campus and distributed branch networks. The Systems Engineer will consult with Customers, Channel Partners, and Inside Sales Representatives in their assigned territory to provide a comprehensive solution to solve problems for prospective clients.
This Systems Engineer will proactively support a territory pipeline and, together with the ISRs in their territory, drive opportunities through the sales process to closure. This career level position requires the ability to lead in a team environment and to collaborate on the development of innovative, tailored solutions for partners, customers and prospects. Incumbents must know how to gather the client data required to effectively tailor a solution. Solution selling is a must, and Systems Engineers need to understand the various ways a solution may be delivered and have the ability to anticipate what will work best to meet the needs of the client. By combining technical expertise with business acumen this role delivers vital, detailed information and solutions demonstrating how Aruba’s products deliver business value to our clients.
· Manage account and partner responsibilities in assigned territory.
· Design and recommend the optimum combination of networking hardware, software, and services to meet complex customer needs.
· Play a role in the development of the bid, proposal, and presentation of the solution to the client.
· Provide specific solutions, technology, product, technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory.
· Deliver highly effective technical presentations for customers and partners.
· Nurture account relationships over time to continue to deliver advice to the customer and identify additional opportunities; partnering with ISRs in your assigned territory to maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecasts against regional goals.
· Possess competitive knowledge including solution, technology, and product offerings.
· Provide consultative support to key internal and external stakeholders in assigned territory.
· Use in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations.
· Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs.
· Prepare detailed product specifications for the design and implementation of customer networking solutions.
· Build prototype solutions based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the design, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demonstrations for client.
· Aruba experience required
· Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in network technology pre-sales with an Associates or Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent verbal & written communications
· Effective organizational, presentation, prioritization, and interpersonal skills.
· Must be customer focused and have the ability to design and manage solutions to complex technical issues.
· Ability to interface with senior levels of internal / external organizations is required.
· Ability to mentor more junior Systems Engineers in the assigned territory is required.
· Ten (10) years or more of infrastructure engineering experience preferred.
· ACMP certification preferred.
· ACSP certification preferred
· ACCP certification preferred
· ACDP certification preferred
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.