HPC Performance Engineering Intern
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
This internship will use standard HPC benchmarks to interpret and characterize HPC system performance in order to support engineering and product management studies with a focus on characterizing HPC system performance and understanding the capabilities of performance profiling and monitoring tools. You will gain real world experience working with experts in HPC systems and HPC performance characterization and have access to large scale, cutting edge HPC hardware systems.
· Work with team members to design and create test plans for understanding the performance of an HPC system.
· Create and execute experiments to understand performance characteristics of the system under test (SUT).
· Use profiling and/or monitoring tools to assist with the performance characterization of the SUT.
· Collaborate and communicate with team members regarding status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
· MS or PhD candidate in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent
· Coursework and experience with multiprocessor hardware architectures, capabilities, and parallel programming techniques including knowledge of parallel programming standards such as MPI and OpenMP
· Knowledge and experience with HPC systems (CPU and/or GPU) and software a plus
· Knowledge and experience with key HPC and standard benchmarks (HPL, HPCG, OSU, SPEC CPU/OMP/MPI) a plus
· U.S. citizenship required
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience with high-level programming languages such as C/C++ and Fortran
· Proficiency with the Linux operating systems including scripting
· Knowledge of Linux system and performance monitoring tools
· Strong self-driven work ethic and motivation
· Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Integrity, customer focus, innovation, teamwork, and accountability in daily work
· Ability to work in a fast paced, multitasking environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Mastery in English required
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.