HPC & AI Application Performance Engineering Intern
This internship will focus on characterizing HPC system performance and understanding the capabilities of performance profiling and monitoring tools. You will gain real world experience working with experts in HPC systems and HPC performance characterization and have access to large scale, cutting edge HPC hardware systems.
• Work with team members to design and create test plans for characterizing the performance of an HPC system.
• Create and execute experiments to understand performance characteristics of the system under test (SUT).
• Use profiling and/or monitoring tools to assist with the performance characterization of the SUT.
• Collaborate and communicate with team members regarding status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
• MS or PhD candidate in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent
• Coursework and experience with multiprocessor hardware architectures, capabilities, and parallel programming techniques including knowledge of parallel programming standards such as MPI and OpenMP
• Knowledge and experience with HPC systems and software a plus
• Knowledge and experience with key HPC verticals (Life Sciences, EDA, Financial Services, CAE) a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience with high-level programming languages such as C/C++ and Fortran
• Proficiency with the Linux operating systems including scripting
• Knowledge of Linux system and performance monitoring tools
• Experience and proficiency with containers a plus (e.g., Docker, Singularity)
• Strong self-driven work ethic and motivation
• Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Integrity, customer focus, innovation, teamwork, and accountability in daily work
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multitasking environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Mastery in English required
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.