Engineering Manager - Cloud
HPE is redefining traditional IT hardware into a composable, software-defined infrastructure that mimics the speed and control of cloud platforms for bringing resources online to develop and run production applications. The foundation of this software-defined infrastructure will be delivered in the cloud and run as-a-Service, which requires a fundamental change in how it is designed, coded, and operated. We are currently in the process of defining and building a Greenfield suite of cloud-based products to take advantage of cloud-native technologies for delivering applications and solutions to our customers, and we’re looking for people with those skills to lead and focus this effort.
HPE is seeking a hands-on player/coach to lead a fast-paced team chartered with delivering cloud-based management applications and services. This team of SREs will own the tooling and processes that enable a successful cloud-based product, including alerting, monitoring, dashboards, test automation, upgrade plans, and runbooks. This is a Greenfield opportunity and this leader will have a big impact on defining processes, culture, and technologies used – as well as opportunities to hire in for future openings. Successful candidates will have experience delivering and operating applications and services on public cloud platforms, will have experience running software as a service, and are able to work well in a low-process/quick moving environment on a low definition problem set. The ideal candidate will be able to hold technical discussions about cloud-native technologies and processes with the team and external partners as well as contribute technically to the team.
In a typical day as an Engineer Manager- Cloud, you would:
· Lead multiple teams across multiple geographies (US) that deliver and operate software as a service applications and APIs on top of public cloud.
· Advanced understanding of container orchestration (Kubernetes).
· Understanding of modern SRE and DevOps principles
· Advanced understanding of CI/CD pipelines and their impact on developer productivity
· Customer-focused understanding of the impact of architecture and processes on application SLIs
· Understanding of REST APIs and the fundamentals of successful designing a REST API
· Desire to move quickly and ship code, removing blockers for your team along the way.
· Understanding of how to build modern cloud-native applications - able to have a conversation of why technologies were chosen or not.
· Understanding of automation and its role in successfully scaling platforms and processes.
· Leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, conflict resolution, and people management.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
If you are…
· Having 3+ years of experience with delivering or operating software on top of public or private cloud platforms
· Having 3+ years of experience using or developing advanced CI/CD pipelines that quickly deliver code to production
· Having 3+ years of experience working on production-level software as a service
· Having 3+ years of experience delivering upgrades to operational software as a service platforms
· Having 3+ years of experience as a technical leader within a team or people manager.
· Holding a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or relevant technical experience.
· Public cloud certification (AWS, GCP, Azure) or Kubernetes certification (CKA/CKAD) desirable.
· Experienced in 24x7 SaaS operations with on-call responsibilities desirable.
· Experienced software security concerns in a cloud environment is desirable.
Join us and make your mark!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
*Open to REMOTE work, not just specific listed locations
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.