Driver Software Engineer
You are a dynamic, driven professional with a passion for success – yours, your company’s and your customer’s. You have strong communication and collaboration skills, and you always conduct yourself with the highest professionalism and integrity. You have strong technical and leadership skills with a passion for computer technology.
· Work as part of team to develop the deivers and kernel networking stack for our next generation systems
· Work with hardware team to integrate and test with emerging hardware technologies
· Design, develop, and integrate driver software features and capabilities for HPE's networking product line
· Contribute to requirements gathering, design discussions, and other development activities
· Work with development, build, test and CI groups to integrate software into our test and release process
· Work as part of the engineering team to support the software stack
· Participate in design with team leads, when needed
· Develop domain expertise, work cross-functionally
· Sophisticated Driver development focused
· Ethernet and/or RDMA driver experience preferred
· Experience with technology such as network interface cards that interact with the hardware
· C Code-focused
· Understand System Networking, Wifi, Ethernet, TCP/IP
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Minimum of 2 years experience in networking software
Knowledge and Skills: :
· Understanding of High Performance Computing architectures, RDMA networking and the HPC industry a plus
· Experience with Ethernet/IP networking
· Experience with the OpenFabric Interfaces working group and APIs highly desirable
· Experience working with High Performance Computing communication software such as MPI and SHMEM a plus
· Experience in systems performance analysis and tuning is a plus
· Experience in working with customers
· Knowledge of operating system architecture, networking and/or file systems is a plus.
· Ability to work well in a cooperative development team with a commitment to sound software engineering principles.
· Success working in a fast-paced, changing environment; strong sense of urgency
· Ability to research new and emerging technologies
· Good written and verbal communications skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.