Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Global Digital Technology and Innovation team drives the adoption of new technologies and analytics for a $26B worldwide business. The team leads key initiatives across the world sponsored by senior leadership and is responsible for business process and data analytics led innovations.
In this role as Data Scientist, requires a hands-on person who will design, develop and applies programs, methodologies, and systems based on advanced analytic models (e.g. advanced statistics, operations research, and computer science, process) to transform structured and unstructured data into meaningful and actionable information insights that drive decision making.
Uses visualization techniques to translate analytic insights into understandable business stories (eg. descriptive, inferential and predictive insights). Embeds analytics into business processes and applications. Combines business acumen and scientific methods to solve business problems.
· Definition of analytics solution objectives and technical requirements based on user needs, an understanding of business processes, industry requirements and advanced analytic models (statistical, operations research, computing, and process).
· Conceptualizes, builds, develops and enhances a client's analytic model. Selects the relevant analytic modeling methodologies for the use case, available structured and unstructured data, cost and timing constraints to solve the complex business issues and deliver clear business focused insights.
· Embeds analytic models into an enhanced large scale business process and operational systems by collaborating with Application Developers.
· Creates best practices for applying analytic methods to problem domains.
· Using visualization techniques, condenses complex ideas into elegant and simple visual models.
· Communicates the innovative analytic solution to Sr Data Scientist providing industry insight and improvements to the operational systems.
· Knowledgeable of data science methodologies including but not limited to classical regression, neural nets, CHAID, CART, association rules, sequence analysis, cluster analysis, and text mining.
· Ability to translate business requirements into mathematical models and data science objectives to achieve measurable business outcomes.
· Understanding of analytics software (eg. R, SAS, SPSS, Python). Understanding of analytics deployment architectures.
· Understanding of machine learning, data integration, and mathematical modeling skills and ETL tools
· Strong interpersonal skills and effectiveness in working across geographical boundaries.
· Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, SQL, R, SAS, Java, Unix Shell scripting. Advanced knowledge of Hadoop framework desired.
· Knowledge of data visualization techniques and software tools.
Education and Experience Required:
BA/Master degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or equivalent preferred and 3+ years of relevant experience Or Master´s Degree in these areas and at least 5-6 years of relevant experience.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.