Description de l'offre
Job ID 1032036 Date posted 9/7/2018 Primary Location Fort Collins, Colorado, United States Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
The Customer Focused Test team within HPE Storage is actively recruiting a Storage Systems Software Engineer with Linux and embedded C development experience to join our Customer Focused Test team. We seek a talented software engineer with strong programming background and expertise in large distributed systems environments.
In this challenging position, you will be part of a talented team that engages with customers to plan and communicate issues both fixed and restricted in releases. You will be a key member of a team that supports the next generation of a high performance, highly available, distributed, clustered storage product based on platforms running the Linux operating system. You will need the capacity and experience to implement, debug and support software that deals with the distributed nature of the product in order to bridge the communication between developer documentation and bug write ups and customer understanding. You will grow your knowledge of distributed systems and risk assessment for distributed systems.
This position involves investigating customer and lab found issues to understand and document the impacts and risks to customers involved in HPE's 3PAR StorServ® family of storage products. 3PAR StorServ Storage Servers use a cluster-based architecture to deliver a single storage platform that scales from two and eight controller nodes while offering a highly available storage server capable of tolerating hardware and software faults without service interruption.
Our Minimum Requirements for this role are/Education and Experience Required:
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including mastery of written English
· Extensive development and/or testing expertise in distributed storage systems, including 7 years’ experience in a storage focused role
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar major.
Experience in any of the following will be considered a plus / Knowledge and Skills
· Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
· Linux and embedded C development experience
· Designing software systems running on multiple platform types
· Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
· Ability to effectively communicate via writing software defect descriptions, workarounds and customer impact of same.
· 2+ years’ experience developing storage software, preferably in distributed systems.
· Must have debugging skills and understand controlled environments for debugging
· Disk or RAID Storage knowledge.
· Experience in Excel or ability to learn merging techniques
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.