Category Management Representative
The Category management function defines and manages the product offering, positioning, and pricing across the product life cycle of a given portfolio, guiding the direct/indirect sales teams on such product related dimensions. They are responsible to plan the business objective for a specific portfolio, and to achieve this plan through on going adjustments of the product related decisions. Acts as the lead expert in competition product knowledge in all dimensions (product knowledge, pricing, marketing, customer requirements). Communicates, briefs, supports direct and indirect sales force on product strategies. Defines advertising, and demand generation priorities at strategic and tactical levels in partnership with the Marketing function. Sales compensated role. Quota is an overlay. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside the company offices.
· Superior understanding of the category product, business management and sales challenges and strategies.
· Actively contributes/leads the definition of the category business plan.
· Establishes relationships and represents team with sales force and other partners at senior level.
· Product line and quota responsibility for a significant share of the product range, or a specific customer segment.
· Functional responsibility for the team in one or several areas (market analysis, marketing engagement, SF communication etc).
· Leads a subset of the team. Leads overall engagement with one or several sales teams.
· Leads engagementpartnership with external IT vendor.
Education and Experience Required:
· University or Bachelors degree in Marketing or Finance; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
· Typically 12+ years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred.
· Demonstrated Management/ Team leadership experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· IT industry knowledge.
· Business planning skills, multidimensional.
· Financial planning and modelling skills, comfortable to manage high complexity business planning and reporting.
· Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally.
· Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
· Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners.
· Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.