Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Pointnext is the innovative IT services organization—part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise—built to make Hybrid IT simple and power the Intelligent Edge. As an agile technology partner, we help our customers modernize their legacy infrastructure with the flexibility of the cloud, and maximize the value of their connected devices. We make their mission our mission: To drive rapid transformation across an enterprise on a customer’s terms.
CA Module coverage Sr. Role
The Enterprise Monitoring Tools SME is responsible for operation of monitoring tools and processes to enable proactive events and performance , availability and capacity monitoring of enterprise IT services such as servers, network devices, operating systems, database engines, storage capacity, and applications across all IT service lines and provide 1st line of resolution.
· Experience in configuring, operating and/or troubleshooting various monitoring tools
· Knowledge of and experience writing technical documents for an IT environment, to include but not limited to procedures for disaster recovery for IT infrastructure
· Ability to develop capacity planning reports
· Strong ability to monitor & diagnose IT infrastructure, application services, server, network alerts, events or issues
· Experience on usage, administration of monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Manage Engine, SIEM Tools, Nagios, PRTG,
· Experience on usage of multiple CA/DX tools like CA Application Performance Mgmt, CA Infrastructure Management 2.0,DX Infrastructure Manager, DX Operational Intelligence, CA Client Automation, CA Business Service Insight, CA Capacity Management Data Adapter for Capacity Reporting, CA Capacity Management Data Adapter for Virtualization Reporting, CA Capacity Management Solution Kit for Open Reporting SDK
· Experience on usage of AppDynamics, and NewRelic APM tools.
· Good to have knowledge on administration of Discovery & CMDB tools such as ServiceNow, UCMDB, Device42, etc.
· Experience of analyzing system and network performance using monitoring tools and historical / real time data.
· Knowledge of SNMP protocol and using SNMP traps/MIBs for monitoring
· Able to collate and interpret data from various monitoring sources and perform log analysis
· Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
· Ability to assess faults, prioritizes, respond and escalate accordingly
· Quick learner on a wide range of issues, including identifying improvement opportunities
· Excellent problem solving skills, and results-oriented attitude. Excellent team skills, including strong work ethic.
· Ability to be proactive and prioritize tasks, including resolving urgent matters without impacting deliverables and productivity.
· Self-motivated, professional attitude and works well under pressure.
· Should be able to function independently, with limited supervision.
Preferred Additional Skills
· Prior experience in IT infrastructure support ( Network , Server, Application and Cloud)
· Exposure to Perl/Shell scripts & SQL to build customized monitoring and interfaces with other tools
· Experience on data analytics tools will be added advantage
· Proactive monitoring of IT infrastructure and application/services alerts via monitoring tool
· End-to-End ownership of tickets created via alerts, accurately recording progress and escalations on ticketing systems
· 1st level of investigation and diagnosis
· Fast and effective response to service failure Alerts and Notifications
· On time escalations and Follow up with the IT / Application Support team on pending high priority alerts according to incident management process
· Prepare and maintain Documentation, Reports ( availability , capacity trend analysis ), and provide follow up status on identified tasks
· Daily / Weekly Report preparation based on the specified already agreed format and sending the same to pre-assigned set of recipients
· Maintain, update and implement the standard escalation procedures complete with notification matrix and escalation standards
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partner. Innovate. Act.
We live by three core values that drive our business.
Simplified, we are good partners, great innovators and we make things happen.
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.