Responsible for maintaining and setting up food production station and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasonings and all other food items prepared on the hot line. Has knowledge of and ability to work multiple kitchen functions to include grill, sauté, and pantry stations on the line. Responsible for maintaining quality of food prepared on the line. Creates appealing plate designs and maintains the quality of presentation for all food items.
What will I be doing?
As a Cook, you would be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
· Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times
· Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
· Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
· Stock and maintain designated food station(s)
· Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
· Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
· Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed