A Sommelier s is responsible for recommending wines and having a thorough and current knowledge of wines to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while assisting with achieving departmental targets.
What will I be doing?
As a Sommelier, you are responsible for recommending wines and having a thorough and current knowledge of wines to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Sommelier will also be required to assist in achieving department targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Provide professional and current knowledge of wines to guests
· Recommend wines to accompany relevant dishes to patrons
· Describe and up-sell wines to provide excellent customer experience
· Suggest wines to accompany new menus in line with financial budget
· Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service
· Ensure accurate billing
· Strive to achieve departmental targets
· Serve Alcoholic/non-Alcoholic beverages in conjunction with licensing/liquor regulations for residents and non-residents
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
· Attend training provided by the hotel